Ready for a Sew-cial Challenge?
On the first Monday of every month, we will announce a theme for a sewing challenge on our Instagram account and via our newsletter.
You will have the remaining of the month to make something with the theme and share it with us to enter a competition to win $100 worth of fabrics and supplies from our studio.
- You can use any fabrics or supplies that you have as long as you make something NEW within the time frame of the monthly challenge.
- You can use fabrics or supplies that you bought, or were gifted from any other company or person.
- If you use fabrics or supplies from FABCYCLE for your monthly challenge, your entry gets automatic 2 extra votes from us (double high five!) :)
- Anyone in Canada is eligble to participate in the challenge.
- We'll cover the cost of shipping the prize if you win.
How to Enter?
- New Challenge Announced - First Monday of the Month at 12PM
- Challenge is closing - Last Monday of the Month at 12PM
Voting Begins - Tuesday at 12PM (same week)
Voting will be open over our Instagram stories one day after the challenge has closed (on a Tuesday same week)
Voting Closing - Friday at 12PM (same week)
You will have from Tuesday and until Friday at 12PM same week to vote via Instagram on your favourite project (you can vote once for as many entries as you like).
All you have to do is browse through all of the entries, pick your favourite, and then tell us which project is your favourite by replying to it in our Instagram stories.
The winner will be announced on Instagram and on a Saturday with the Newsletter (same week).
What's the Prize?
The winner of the Sew-cial Challenge will receive $100 worth of mystery fabrics and supplies from FABCYCLE.
Plus shipping is on us!
January Challenge: UPCYCLING
Your challenge this week is to UPCYCLE!
Dive into your closet to find a beloved piece of clothing or other textile that needs your magic touch and turn it into a new item that brings you joy.
Your upcycled make can be any textile item from clothing to accessories to home-ware.
Upcycling Challenge Closing on January 25 at 12PM PST
Voting: Tuesday, January 26 at 12PM until Friday, January 29 at 12PM
Winner Announced: Saturday, January 30